Monday, February 21, 2011

Back to collecting



So I have been going to Ebay pretty frequently the last few weeks, more or less browsing, seeing whats out there and what I want to start collecting. At first I was kind of just looking at getting back to collecting early 80s rookie cards, focusing on the stars of my youth, Gartner, Kurri, Messier, etc. My thoughts were that these would be great to pass on to my son (just found out my wife and I will be having a boy) and also that I might have them professionally graded at some point.

Somewhere along the line my mindset started changing and as of late I have started bidding more and more on Oiler rookie cards of the past decade. Mostly gunning for autographed rookies like SP Authentic Future Watch. I do have some limitations on my budget that are self imposed so that limits how much I'm willing to spend. I had a Hemsky 02-03 Future Watch lined up but was outbid the last few minutes. Now I'm pretty fixed on trying to get one so I have been checking pretty daily for one to be listed. Other rookies that I have been looking at trying to get have been Gagner, Eberle, and Hall though I'm not opposed to others.

Haven't decided if I will just stick to players that are currently on the roster or whether I pursue cards of players like Schremp, Pouliot so forth. So far my only criteria is that they be autographed. I'll post some photos of what I get once they are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment