Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Playoff Pool 2010-11 Edition



So last year I had participated in my works bracket playoff pool. I faltered pretty early out of the gate by picking way too many lower seed teams in the west and had too many of my higher seed teams in the East clasp (looking at you Washington). This year I went with a more balanced approach but still got taken in by some lower seed picks.

In the first round my pick in the Eastern Conference looks like this;

Washington over New York 

Finally Washington beat somebody.

Philly over Buffalo

Could this one been any closer??

Montreal over Boston

This was kind of a sentimental pick as I was big Habs fan when I was a kid. They're sticking it out but I don't know if they'll make. Guess we'll find out soon enough

Lightning over Pittsburg

I thought I was being smart on this one, and I really like the Pens, so far its turned around but again have to wait and see what game 7 brings. Could potentially go 100% in this round in the East.


Western Conference

LA over San Jose

Too many Oilers on this team not to pick them. Thought their goaltending would carry them through which is what I thought last year. One of these days we will be talking about LA as a serious contender but not this year.

Anaheim over Nashville

I really thought with Anaheim coming in on such a hot streak they would go pretty deep, but was way off on that. You got to like Nashville's lunch bucket work man like team, reminds me of the Oilers in 06'. I didn't pick Nashville at all but I could now see them being the Cinderella team for this year.

Detroit over Phoenix

I went with Phoenix last year and decided this year I was again favouring the lower seeded teams too much so went with Detroit. What can I say, I at least learned from one mistake. I look forward to picking the Jets next year though.

Vancouver over Chicago

I really didn't want to pick Vancouver and I was very close to regretting it but I couldn't over look their depth and hopefully (playoff pool wise) they will go deep. Otherwise I would have been all on the Chicago bandwagon for this serious.


I can't wait till I can start picking the Oilers for these again....

I'll post my second round picks before it starts...

No comments:

Post a Comment